Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dweller 1.2.1

I found an issue with screen clipping on the latest release when drawing floating combat text on Android handsets. This was a minor issue, but annoying enough that I decided to make a patch release to fix it. I also added a couple of small features as well, but this should still be considered a patch release.

Download instructions here.

NEW FEATURES


  • Added a Buy all/Sell all command
  • A message is shown when you do not have enough money to buy an item
  • Added a low hitpoint warning message

CHANGES

  • Adjusted font height to work better in both landscape and portrait mode


BUG FIXES

  • Android - Floating damage text was clipped

4 comments:

  1. Nice work. Getting better and better and works nicely on Froyo now. :)

    This game takes me back to when I was a kid, keep up the great work!

    Regards
    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    thanks for fixes everything works OK now. I have only minor problem with floating text which is sometimes not visible. I first thought that it is available only for Android (and not J2ME), but then suddenly after some fights text appeared, then disappeared again....so far I didn't find any pattern when the text is visible and when not.
    Also it would be nice to update J2ME application icon which is still using original tiny sprite.
    And maybe add some minimap/zoom functionality to be able to overview whole level which is not possible on devices with screen size 240x320 or smaller.
    Thanks for your excelent work.

    Petr

    ReplyDelete
  3. On devises with WVGA screen(ex. desire,xperia x10),
    graphic seems to be little bit small and
    words are larger than that of screen shots
    on dweller wikipedia that you expected.

    I'm looking forward to be fixed in the future version.

    thanks for the great works!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Petr: I will solve the floating combat text in the J2ME version in the next release. It was the same clipping problem I had on Android handsets. I'll also try and change the icon. The minimap is already on my ToDo list: http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=Dweller#Todo_list

    @Anonymous: I'll look into WVGA devices and ways to handle that kind of resolution. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete