Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Next Dweller release slightly delayed...

I had intended to release a new version of Dweller last week but unfortunately my ambitions were a bit too high and I have to delay the release somewhat. However, the next release will contain some nice additions to the map creation, namely vault and large room support. The current version of Dweller is based around small map pieces 7 tiles wide and 7 tiles high. Examples:

###.###  #######
###.###  #.....#
###.###  #.....#
.......  #.....#

###.###  #.....#
###.###  #.....#
###.###  ###.###

These puzzle pieces are lined up so that exits match and all parts of the map is fully accessible. This concept will be expanded upon to allow map pieces with width and height in multiples of the base size (7x7). With the possibility to make pieces larger than 7x7 you will see a lot more variation and interesting special rooms when exploring the dungeon.


Once the next version is ready for release I will post back here with a "create your own map piece" competition where I will accept suggestions for new map pieces to be include in future version of Dweller.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Will be wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like the sounds of this competition very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea, count me in!

    ReplyDelete