Monday, December 10, 2012

Status update

Some of you who are used to a very rapid release cycle may start to feel a bit worried about the lack of releases lately. Don't worry though, I haven't abandoned Dweller! I've simply had too much work to do at my day job. I recently got assigned to an iOS project and had to learn a whole new world of things... I'm starting to get used to the company Macbook Pro I borrowed. Objective-C isn't as terrible as before when I only had looked at code and never written a line myself. The iPhone is still a bit crap as is the horrible XCode IDE (yes, yes, my colleagues are nagging me to install AppCode).

All in all it's been a fairly good experience and it's even gotten as far as me ordering a Macbook Pro of my own (insanely expensive, but with monster specs). I intend to dual-boot it with Windows 8 and use it as my main development machine when on the move. A positive side-effect may be that Dweller for iOS is a little bit closer to a reality than before!

And when it comes to Dweller I'm actually getting closer to completing a version of Dweller that makes use of Libgdx to significantly improve rendering performance. It's still far from complete, but yesterday I got a version running with the correct graphics but with a few rendering artifacts.

I'll try to make an interim release with some minor changes and improvements that have been discussed on the forum.


Source and comments: http://www.dwellergame.com/2012/12/status-update.html

No comments:

Post a Comment